Tuesday 7 October 2014

A splash of colour!


Making the kitchen POP, was something I've had on my 'to-do' list for ages and I've finally got around to adding a bit of colour.


As usual, I sought out my favourite store in Rouse Hill called 'The Lifestyle Warehouse' where I never walk out of the shop without buying something!

Today as I approached the shop, I could see some new arrivals in the window and as soon as I got closer, there they were right in front of my very eyes...a sea of 'Green'. Everything from flowers to candles were on display all for me to admire.

(I didn't think to take a photo whilst I was there but I'll take one tomorrow and add it here).

I knew straight away that it was the colour I've been wanting to add to the kitchen (but just never got around to it) and I just couldn't wait to get my hands on everything I could.

I picked a few different types of silk artificial flowers ranging in height and colour along with some bunches of various types of leaves.

With some help in arranging them properly, Susie (owner) was more than happy to both give advice and put them all together for me.

I also grabbed a couple of extra vases (see on the back wall) for the fruit that I wanted to display, which have now been sabotaged thanks to Jordan and his mates that decided to come over after school and devoured the Granny Smith apples!

Oh well, I'll just have to replace them tomorrow when I go shopping. I guess eating those was better than seeing them eating junk. Perhaps it was because they looked so inviting sitting there on the bench!

Note: When placing long stemmed flowers in glass vases, use a coloured placemat inside to hide the stems as I've done here with my green placemat, it also gives the illusion of being an actual green vase. Also add pebbles or anything heavy to the inside so it doesn't topple over when top heavy!

I also picked up some wooden (MDF) lettering from Spotlight yesterday when I went to pick up my A letter (read this) that I had been waiting on for ages and placed them (after painting them) above the range hood to add a bit more POP.

After seeing them, I'm now thinking that perhaps I should also put the words SANTAI in front of Cafe and if it doesn't look any good, I could always use them somewhere else...mmmmm watch this space!



OMG, how big does the room look without a dining table? Can't wait until it arrives!







Unfortunately there's no website for the store as yet, so I thought I'd give Susie a plug here on my blog. Here's just a few things that you'd find when visiting. With a constant flow of new stock arriving almost everyday, there's something for everyone's taste and decor.
I have been a very happy and satisfied customer for many years and now with a new store in Erina due to open in November, people on the Central Coast of NSW can enjoy the ever growing variety of home decor too. 

these are older displays off Susie's phone, when she sends me some more, I'll add them here






No comments:

Post a Comment